Week 1

You are officially one week old. It is hard to believe that much time has gone by. 

We were in the hospital until Friday. Your first song you ever heard was by The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun. Your Grandpa Anderson is the first person to come see you and was completely amazed by you. Later on that night Aunt Kris, Jim and Christine, and Grandpa Bill came by. The first night was stressful.  I could not take my eyes off of you. I barely slept. 

The next day you were circumcised.  I hated them taking you away from me but you handled like a champ. The nurses said you barely cried. You had more visitors including Grandma Hollinger, Great Grandma Anderson and Aunt Shauna, Grandpa Bill and Aunt Kathy, and Aunt Lori, Erica, and Elizabeth. 

The third day was calmer, only Aunt Kris came up to see you. Daddy and I just snuggled with you all day. That night was rough with you. There was nothing we could do to make you happy. The nurses Kayla had to take you and Daddy out to the nurses station so I could have a few minutes of sleep.

The next day we decided it was time to go home so you could meet Kobi and Rosie. Both of them couldn't wait to meet you. Kobi immediately decided you belonged to him and wouldn't leave your side. 


Saturday morning we got some bad news, your Grandpa Anderson was in the hospital and needed emergency surgery for a ruptured colon. I just broke down. After losing my mom I couldn't imagine losing my dad. We packed up to try to go see him before surgery but by the time we were ready to leave he was already being taken back to surgery. Thank God he came through the surgery okay. I was able to go see him later that day while you and Daddy waited in the car. 

Sunday was much calmer. We hung out and napped all day long. You had your first bath which you were not thrilled with.

Monday was your first doctor's appointment. Everything went great and you started gaining back some of the weight you lost at the hospital.  

And today we have hung out. Daddy and I cleaned the house and made dinner while you napped. You got a second bath and hated it even more. 

We love you little guy and love watching you grow.



Comments

Popular Posts